We laughed, we danced, we lamented, we celebrated. Here are photos from last week’s Annual Celebration. It gives us strength and renews our spirits to see many of Together Colorado’s leaders and their families gather to celebrate our past year of organizing work.
Thank you to all who attended, to SEIU Local 105 for sponsoring the event, and to Rev. Dr. H. Malcolm Newton for the wonderful music. A special thanks to our speakers: Rabbi Dr. Eliot Baskin, Together Colorado Faith Leader; Sharon Battle, Together Colorado Leader; Sharon Bridgeforth, Board Chair; Rev. Dr. Robert Davis, Together Colorado Faith Leader; Stacy Johns, Together Colorado Leader; Lee McNeil, Board Member; Rev. Dr. Anne Rice-Jones, Board Member; and Rev. Caitlin Trussell, Together Colorado Faith Leader.
A few of the victories we celebrated last week were:
- Amendment A – Colorado became the first state to remove slavery from our state constitution;
- Local Wage Control – Colorado is the first state to legislatively remove the preemption law so cities can raise their minimum wages;
- A $15 minimum wage for Denver City and DIA employees;
- Continued expansion of driver’s licenses for immigrants and protections for Colorado’s immigrant community; and
- A reduced RTD transit pass for students and low-income riders.
Together Colorado 2018-2019 Civic Engagement, Legislative, and Organizing Highlights
Together Colorado 2019 Annual Celebration Photo Gallery