Abolish Constitutional Slavery in Colorado - YES on Amendment A
As people of faith we hold that our life together is based on the scared and infinite value of each and every human being. All people deserve to live the life God calls them to live – to make the most of their God given gifts and potential. To live a life of dignity. No exceptions.
We see many violations of God’s intentions for us in our communities and an opportunity to repair some of them.
That is why Together Colorado is supporting Amendment A to abolish constitutional slavery in Colorado. When our constitution allows slavery in some circumstances, we are violating all of our dignity.
Article II, Section 26 states: “There shall never be in this state either slavery or involuntary servitude EXCEPT as a punishment for crime, whereof the party shall have been duly convicted." - Colorado Constitution, July 1, 1876
Amendment A will change our Constitution to say: “There shall never be in this state either slavery or involuntary servitude." PERIOD.
The Constitution is not a symbolic document. It is the moral and legal foundation of our state. We Coloradans have the opportunity to be the 1st state to remove this deeply offensive language from our Constitution.
Together Colorado Board Director, Lee McNeil
Take Action for Amendment A
- How Individuals Can Help Pass Amendment A - Handout
- How Congregations Can Help Pass Amendment A - Handout
- Amendment A Social Media Action Kit for Individuals, Organizations, and Congregations
- Resource Packet for Faith Leaders (includes preaching resources, pulpit announcements, etc.)
- Bulletin Announcements on Amendment A
- Vote Yes on Amendment A Bulletin Insert/Flyer
- Educating on Amendment A Bulletin Insert/Flyer (not telling people to vote Yes)
- Pulpit Announcement
- Gather individual endorsements from your community